Thursday, November 16, 2006

Who’s paying this guy….

…ah, global warming. Pollution. We’ve done some wondrous things with this world, haven’t we? One of the most difficult parts of being a human is being the same species as other humans. This world, our society, has grown to such a degree, every variable becomes possible. And as we sit back on our comfy chairs, all we can do is watch. Opportunity quickly goes the way of the dinosaur as the nice guy really does seem to finish last. And what can you do, dear citizen, but make a choice? Stay good and get bent, or go the route to success: corruption, greed, backstabbing.

Its become a time where caring is actually a painful act of frustration. You can give a damn all you want, but what difference does it make? I sit and watch as our population grows and grows, and the bottleneck of our job market becomes more and more clogged. Education has slipped down the tubes as greed claims the funding for war and dominance. And then I watch as people walk down the street, pull out a gun, and just start shooting. I watch as everyday people just crack. And I see the opportunism everywhere. Drive down a city street, and watch the blatant disregard and lack of respect for others. Watch how many people squeeze through that red light, no regard for the safety of those who have the green. Watch as the thug in his beefed up hatchback slips around everyone because the road is just wide enough to fit, so he can go through that light first and leave the ten other cars properly waiting in line behind him. It may seem like simple recklessness, but its not. It’s the sign of the times, the rule of the all mighty dollar, the dog eat dog kill dog break murder and ravage dog to get the dollar sign bone. Hell, last night, I sat at an intersection. Two cars in front of me, the first one a cop car. As the light turns green, our turn to go, one car slips through the red, right past the cop. The cop does nothing. He starts going through the intersection, while I’m bitching about how he didn’t pull that guy over, and I hear the screech. Their light has been red about 7 seconds, but someone cruising along blows right through it, probably not paying attention. Not caring about anyone or anything but himself, him getting ahead, getting there first, getting it all. SLAM! Right into the damn cop car. Spun the thing around. And all I could do is laugh. I hope their both ok, and I hope that schmuck goes to jail.

You may ask why I’m obsessed with the end of the world, the coming shift, 2012. I’ve grown disgusted with what I see around me. And I’ve grown tired of watching the good people get ground down. And I’m not the first, nor will I be the last, to say these things. 6 Billion people in the world, pumping out their trash, their waste. Taking everything they can get. Consuming without care. Not giving a damn about anything but their own desires. And this is the majority. I often think about if we all joined, us opposers, would it do any good if we all joined up against them? I’d like us to, though I don’t know if it would. There are way more of them than there are of us. And they breed far more frequently than we do. And they consume, and they waste. The don’t recycle. They don’t buy organic. They don’t give a damn about what goes in their bodies as long as it tastes good and feels good.

All this because I read this article about global warming. It seems a Nobel prize winning scientist, using some scare tactics, has pointed out that if we don’t start curbing our appetites and working on repairing our environment, that we are going to actually need to pollute our environment in order to save ourselves. Fill the atmosphere with a layer of pollution thick enough to keep back the suns harmful life giving rays, to cool the planet. I can’t decide if this guys is getting paid by the pollution causing industries, or if he’s on the level. But, good lord, this is our solution? We’ve fallen so far? The limb is so rotten that we need to cut it off?

Also, please enjoy my little rant on campus police brutality over at the Wow!

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Dubya said...

Hey, what's wrong with corruption, greed, an' backstabbin'? Those is the things that gots me to where I am today.

At least ya observes one thing correktly: opportunism is everywhere. 'Course it is. Oppotunism is what this country was founded on. That's what it's all about. That's why we gotta keep peoples from sneakin' in. Otherwise, they'll steal our opportunisms.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

found the greater good very interesting. Thanks for your insight

http://corecoatings.com

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what
corecoatings.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home