Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Fairy Tales are poison to our children...


According to this windbag, Harry Potter books are an "evil" attempt to indoctrinate children in the Wicca religion. She is using her big brain to try to ban these books from the school and town libraries. Thankfully, some people in the Atlanta area have a bit of common sense. Board of Education attorney Victoria Sweeny said that if schools were to remove all books containing reference to witches, they would have to ban "Macbeth" and "Cinderella."

Now, lets talk about this. First of all, this idiot obviously knows nothing about Wicca, not to mention not understanding the concept of 'fiction.' I just can't figure out this whole 'protect the children' hoo ha of the last 10 years. Many of us have seen the email chains about how children of the 60s - 80s are 'survivors' because we didn't have child-proof caps, helmets, etc. Nowadays, they're taking away playgrounds because they aren't 'safe' enough. And banning books? I mean, sure, maybe these books will do some good by steering people away from the bible bashing sects of catholo-christianity (you like that, Murk? I said Sects!!!).

But, enough of this whole fear of the unknown. If your kids wanna be Wiccan's, or Satanists, or Vegetarians, they will be. Harry Potter ain't gonna make a lick of difference there.

And I'd like to mention to the windbag above, and other parents like her: I read every book and saw every movie you don't want kids to see. And I'm no Satanist. You'd probably think I'm evil, but truth be told, I'm better than you, I'm more of a good person than you, and I'm a much more useful member of society than you. So shut up and get back to your knitting. Book burning went out a long time ago, and you should have as well.

6 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Kids who read Harry Pottr will probly grow up t be hairy potheads.

Oh ... I get it! Thems Wiccans, right?

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger FreeOscar said...

They should be more concern with the musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Ever wonder why little Johnny is always singing show tunes and wearing Mommy's heels.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Malach the Merciless said...

IT A WITCH BURN HER! BURN THE WITCH!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I love Harry Potter. My children enjoyed the movies..I couldn't get them to read the books. My children seem well adjusted to me. I haven't noticed any of them flying around on broomsticks or casting spells on their enemies...

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sefton said...

Wow, you've really got some good entries here. How have I missed your blog for so long when we've both been posting over at Polanski's? Bookmarked!

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...I absolutly love this blog!

I don't think that Cristians actually go into research into other religions before they bash them.

and honestly I think that if you are going to say anything about another religion, RESEARCH IT!

Wicca is not 'evil' it is a way to connect with the Earth.

Kid's have the right to become what ever they want.

Just wait Idiots like her will try and ban computers, since kids can easly search other religions.

GET THE FACTS FIRST!

Thank you so much Hobbs von Wackamole!

I love you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home